Congratulations to Jake Lammes for being awarded the June 2018 Community Kudos Award! Jake earned this certificate by planning and organizing an American Flag Retirement Ceremony on Flag Day. Jake is earning his rank as an Eagle Scout and the flag retirement ceremony is his community project. The ceremony took over three hours where over 1,000 American Flags were retired.
Jake received his certificate during the Guymon Chamber of Commerce General Membership Meeting on July 2. Chamber President, Kari Montgomery, presents Jake his certificate and appreciation for making Guymon a better place.
Jake is the son of Eric & Alka Lammes.
- Jan. 1 – HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- Jan. 7 – GCofC General Membership Meeting, 12:00 pm, Ambassador Restaurant. Dutch Treat Luncheon with presentation by Guymon School Board of Education
- Jan. 8 – Guymon Pioneer Days Rodeo Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm, The Pub on the Bricks
- Jan. 16 – LEPC Meeting, 11:30 am, Texas County Emergency Management Office
- Jan. 21 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Jan. 22 – Guymon Ambassador’s Meeting, 12:00 pm, The Pub on the Bricks
- Jan. 24 – GCofC Board of Director’s Meeting, 12:00 pm, The Pub on the Bricks
- Jan. 26 – Rodeo Dance & Draw Down, 6:00 pm, Pickle Creek Center. Buster Bledsoe Band is on stage for the evening. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and beer provided; cash bar for liquor. Must be 21 and older to enter with valid ID. NO BYOB! Tickets available from a Rodeo Committee Member or call the Chamber, 580.338.3376
- Jan. 29 – Leadership Guymon Class of 2019 Reception – Invitation Only
- Feb. 1 – Eggs & Issues – 7:00 am, Ambassador Restaurant
- Feb. 1 – Leadership Guymon Session 1 – Quality of Life
- Feb. 4 – GCofC General Membership Meeting, 12:00 pm, Ambassador Restaurant
- Feb. 7 – Excellence In Ag Experience – Doors open at 5:30 pm, dinner at 6:00 pm, Pickle Creek Center. Tickets available at Farm Credit of Western Oklahoma, Anchor D Bank, OSU Extension Office and the Guymon Chamber of Commerce
- Feb. 8 – Leadership Guymon Session 2 – Community Leadership
- Feb. 9 – Ready Group, 9:30 am, Disciples Center
- Feb. 9 – Recycling Discussion – 10:00 am, Main Street Guymon Office, 116 NE 5th St.
- Feb. 19 – Main Street Awards Night – 6:00 pm, Pickle Creek Center, 822 NE 6th St.